COUNTYWIDE, ICU OCCUPANCY APPROACHING 75-PERCENT THRESHOLD
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County ICUs are 74.82 percent occupied as of 5:15 p.m. Friday. According to Florida Health Department Director for Palm Beach County, Dr. Alina Alonso, 75 percent capacity is the magic number for concern.
In a late Friday afternoon news conference, Dr. Alonso said Palm Beach County hospital officials are doing everything they can to stay below 75 percent occupancy, but it’s getting close.
The goal, according to Alonso, is to always have room for the unexpected. That becomes difficult when availability is under 25 percent.
These are the ICU and related numbers which are accurate as of 5:15 ;.m. on July 24, 2020:
BETHESDA WEST: 7 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available.
WELLINGTON: 31 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available.
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 13 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available.
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 42 Adult ICU beds in use, 12 available.
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 28 Adult ICU beds in use, 13 available.
BETHESDA EAST: 25 Adult ICU beds in use, 14 available.
There are currently 573 people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break