COUNTYWIDE, ICU OCCUPANCY APPROACHING 75-PERCENT THRESHOLD
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County ICUs are 74.82 percent occupied as of 5:15 p.m. Friday. According to Florida Health Department Director for Palm Beach County, Dr. Alina Alonso, 75 percent capacity is the magic number for concern.
In a late Friday afternoon news conference, Dr. Alonso said Palm Beach County hospital officials are doing everything they can to stay below 75 percent occupancy, but it’s getting close.
The goal, according to Alonso, is to always have room for the unexpected. That becomes difficult when availability is under 25 percent.
These are the ICU and related numbers which are accurate as of 5:15 ;.m. on July 24, 2020:
BETHESDA WEST: 7 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available.
WELLINGTON: 31 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available.
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 13 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available.
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 42 Adult ICU beds in use, 12 available.
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 28 Adult ICU beds in use, 13 available.
BETHESDA EAST: 25 Adult ICU beds in use, 14 available.
There are currently 573 people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000
- South Florida Postal Worker Charged With Stealing Vote By Mail Ballot
- TROPICAL STORM EPSILON: Growing East Of Florida, Hurricane Strength Expected
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Now 118 COVID-19 Infections
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic