BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least three employees at Macy’s in Boca Raton’s Town Center Mall have tested positive for COVID-19. The store remains open.
“These colleagues have not been in in the store since July 21st,” said Macy’s Director of Media Relations Jacqueline King. “We will remain in close contact as these colleagues recover.”
It was not immediately clear in which department or departments the employees worked. While BocaNewsNow.com received multiple contacts on Friday from other workers questioning the company’s handling of the infections in the Boca Raton store, King said all CDC guidelines are being followed.
“The health and safety of our colleagues and customers is always our top priority,” said King. “We have implemented enhanced safety and wellness procedures to help alleviate any potential health concerns, following he Centers for Disease Control’s recommended protocol. This includes enhanced cleaning in heavily trafficked areas and hard surfaces which include entrances, customer service stations, vertical transportation. restrooms and break rooms.”
King said that Macy’s employees are provided with face masks and that health services are available. Employees contacting BocaNewsNow.com claimed that they are being charged for both.
“Macy’s provides our colleagues with face masks to help prevent the spread of the virus and guides daily wellness checks to support a safe working environment. We encourage our colleagues to continue to follow the CDC recommended everyday measures and will remain vigilant and partner with local and state officials along with mall management.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER SERVICE: Nor’easter To Pound North East, Rain To Dampen South Florida
- Boca Raton’s Robert Hevert Jailed On Felony Charge
- Here’s What It’s Like To Travel To Hawaii, And Why It Makes Florida Look So Bad
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant