BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — COVID-19 claimed another 253 lives in Florida as Florida’s Governor DeSantis still refuses to issue a statewide mask mandate but is again pushing schools to open for in person learning.
The latest 253 deaths were logged Wednesday through 11:59. Florida added 9,943 new infections as well. The positivity rare for Wednesday’s reporting is 12 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 11 additional deaths were added on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 506 new cases. The Florida Dept. of Health reports a positivity rate in Palm Beach County as 9.4 percent, but Palm Beach County reports its own positivity rate as 12.87 percent. We are unclear why the “State” number is so much lower than the official number being released by Palm Beach County.
In Palm Beach County, at least 32,696 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 806. Statewide, 461,379 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida. At least 6,586 people have died.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured
- DONNA KLEIN JEWISH ACADEMY SUED: STUDENT BULLIED, INJURED
- POLICE: Bulldog Named Morty Attacks Golden Retriever In Seven Bridges, Punctures Ear
- HURRICANE CENTER: There’s Another Wave To Watch