BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The drop in Palm Beach County ICU bed use was short lived. The Tuesday morning census shows an availability of just 24.64 percent. Anything under 25 percent, according to health officials, is cause for concern. The decrease in availability comes as Palm Beach County adds at least 10 COVID-19 patients to those currently hospitalized, according to the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration.
As of 8:16 AM Tuesday, August 4, 2020:
BETHESDA WEST: 10 Adult ICU beds in use, NO availability.
WELLINGTON: 30 Adult ICU beds in use, 4 available ICU beds.
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 18 Adult ICU beds in use, NO availability.
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 44 Adult ICU beds in use, 8 available ICU beds.
JFK MEDICAL CENTER: 6 Adult ICU beds in use, 4 available.
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 31 Adult ICU beds in use, 10 available.
BETHESDA EAST: 22 Adult ICU beds in use, 17 available.
At least 517 people in Palm Beach County are currently hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
There are currently 2,843 hospital beds in use in Palm Beach County for all diagnoses, with 1,362 beds available — or 32.39 percent. That suggests that non-critical care is not an issue, but ICU care may be depending on the hospital you visit.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BOCA: Man Attempts To Carjack Rolls Royce, And Take Owner’s Girlfriend
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill
- HOSPITAL FEARS: Now 292 Hospitalized In Palm Beach County For COVID, Florida Availability Drops
- FLORIDA OFFICIALLY LOGS ONE MILLION COVID CASES AS GOVERNOR SAYS MASKS DON’T WORK
- Gang Members Arrested, Firearms And Heroin Seized In Joint Broward, Boca Raton, Federal Operation
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: CARES Act Application Deadline Extended
- Florida Receives Additional $28M In Cares Act Funding, Help For Unemployed