BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The drop in Palm Beach County ICU bed use was short lived. The Tuesday morning census shows an availability of just 24.64 percent. Anything under 25 percent, according to health officials, is cause for concern. The decrease in availability comes as Palm Beach County adds at least 10 COVID-19 patients to those currently hospitalized, according to the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration.
As of 8:16 AM Tuesday, August 4, 2020:
BETHESDA WEST: 10 Adult ICU beds in use, NO availability.
WELLINGTON: 30 Adult ICU beds in use, 4 available ICU beds.
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 18 Adult ICU beds in use, NO availability.
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 44 Adult ICU beds in use, 8 available ICU beds.
JFK MEDICAL CENTER: 6 Adult ICU beds in use, 4 available.
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 31 Adult ICU beds in use, 10 available.
BETHESDA EAST: 22 Adult ICU beds in use, 17 available.
At least 517 people in Palm Beach County are currently hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
There are currently 2,843 hospital beds in use in Palm Beach County for all diagnoses, with 1,362 beds available — or 32.39 percent. That suggests that non-critical care is not an issue, but ICU care may be depending on the hospital you visit.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In Boynton Beach Garage
- Woodfield Country Club Sued Over Flooded Car, Refuses To Pay Employee
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 70 Percent Chance System Forms South of Florida
- Delray Beach Woman Arrested, DUI Hit And Run
- TWO SYSTEMS: Hurricane Center Watching Two Waves East, West Of Florida
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Wife Finds Husband With Hookers, Attacks
- Woman Speeding On Glades Road Arrested For DUI In Boca Raton
- Water Treatment Dates Set, May Taste Weird In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- While Publix Refuses To Vaccinate Young Children, Palm Beach County Offers Shots