BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The drop in Palm Beach County ICU bed use was short lived. The Tuesday morning census shows an availability of just 24.64 percent. Anything under 25 percent, according to health officials, is cause for concern. The decrease in availability comes as Palm Beach County adds at least 10 COVID-19 patients to those currently hospitalized, according to the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration.
As of 8:16 AM Tuesday, August 4, 2020:
BETHESDA WEST: 10 Adult ICU beds in use, NO availability.
WELLINGTON: 30 Adult ICU beds in use, 4 available ICU beds.
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 18 Adult ICU beds in use, NO availability.
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 44 Adult ICU beds in use, 8 available ICU beds.
JFK MEDICAL CENTER: 6 Adult ICU beds in use, 4 available.
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 31 Adult ICU beds in use, 10 available.
BETHESDA EAST: 22 Adult ICU beds in use, 17 available.
At least 517 people in Palm Beach County are currently hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
There are currently 2,843 hospital beds in use in Palm Beach County for all diagnoses, with 1,362 beds available — or 32.39 percent. That suggests that non-critical care is not an issue, but ICU care may be depending on the hospital you visit.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday