BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The drop in Palm Beach County ICU bed use was short lived. The Tuesday morning census shows an availability of just 24.64 percent. Anything under 25 percent, according to health officials, is cause for concern. The decrease in availability comes as Palm Beach County adds at least 10 COVID-19 patients to those currently hospitalized, according to the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration.
As of 8:16 AM Tuesday, August 4, 2020:
BETHESDA WEST: 10 Adult ICU beds in use, NO availability.
WELLINGTON: 30 Adult ICU beds in use, 4 available ICU beds.
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 18 Adult ICU beds in use, NO availability.
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 44 Adult ICU beds in use, 8 available ICU beds.
JFK MEDICAL CENTER: 6 Adult ICU beds in use, 4 available.
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 31 Adult ICU beds in use, 10 available.
BETHESDA EAST: 22 Adult ICU beds in use, 17 available.
At least 517 people in Palm Beach County are currently hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
There are currently 2,843 hospital beds in use in Palm Beach County for all diagnoses, with 1,362 beds available — or 32.39 percent. That suggests that non-critical care is not an issue, but ICU care may be depending on the hospital you visit.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured
- DONNA KLEIN JEWISH ACADEMY SUED: STUDENT BULLIED, INJURED
- POLICE: Bulldog Named Morty Attacks Golden Retriever In Seven Bridges, Punctures Ear
- HURRICANE CENTER: There’s Another Wave To Watch