CROWDS SATURDAY AFTERNOON APPEAR TO BE VIOLATING EXECUTIVE ORDERS, PENALTIES INCLUDE VESSEL FORFEITURE
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Don’t tell the boaters on Lake Boca, but there’s still a pandemic. There are also executive orders in place that make what you seem to be seeing in the photo above illegal. Yes, it’s Saturday afternoon in Boca, and those who apparently couldn’t care less about COVID-19 are out and about. The photo above a “live” look at Lake Boca as of 4 p.m. on Saturday, August 8, 2020.
As BocaNewsNow.com has reported repeatedly for months, enforcement on Lake Boca seems to be non-existent. It’s a unique jurisdictional intersection of Boca Raton Police, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission. PBSO recently told BocaNewsNow.com that neither Boca PD nor FWC have asked for their marine deputies to assist.
Under current orders, boats must be at least 50 feet apart. Flotillas are prohibited. Penalties are strict as forfeiture of a vessel.
The scene above comes a short time after BocaNewsNow.com readers shared the photo below of what appears to be unrelated partiers on a boat not far from Lake Boca.
There are now at least 36,600 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 929 deaths.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman