BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An early morning look at the ICU census for Palm Beach County reveals a slightly better picture than what we’ve seen in recent days. The key word is “slightly.”
As of 7:01 a.m. ET on Saturday, August 8th, 2020, 25.9-percent of all ICU beds in the county are available. Health officials say anything below 25-percent is cause for concern.
There is a notable standout: three of West Boca Medical Center’s five pediatric beds are in use — that is a recent high. However, the Florida Department of Health is not breaking out why ICU beds are in use — it is unclear if the pediatric ICU beds are used by children with COVID-19 symptoms or something totally unrelated.
Here’s the list…
BETHESDA WEST: 7 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available. (30% Availability).
KINDRED HEALTH: 9 Adult ICU beds in use, 1 available. (10% Availability).
GOOD SAMARITAN: 19 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available. (13.64% Availability).
WELLINGTON REGIONAL: 31 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available. (8.82% Availability).
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 18 Adult ICU beds in use, 0 available.
PALMS WEST: 11 Adult ICU beds in use, 7 available. (38.89% Availability).
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 36 Adult ICU beds in use, 14 available. (28% Availability).
JUPITER MEDICAL CENTER: 23 Adult ICU beds in use, 8 available. (25.81% Availability).
JFK MEDICAL CENTER NORTH: 8 Adult ICU beds in use, 2 available. (20% Availability).
PALM BEACH xxx: 20 Adult ICU beds in use, 8 available. (28.57% Availability).
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 28 Adult ICU beds in use, 13 available. (31.71% Availability).
LAKESIDE: 6 Adult ICU beds in use, 0 available.
JFK MEDICAL CENTER: 46 Adult ICU beds in use, 24 available. (34.29% Availability).
ST. MARY’S: 20 Adult ICU beds in use, 10 available. (33.33% Availability).
BETHESDA EAST: 27 Adult ICU beds in use, 12 available. (30.77% Availability).
There are a total of 436 people hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County, according to the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER SERVICE: Nor’easter To Pound North East, Rain To Dampen South Florida
- Boca Raton’s Robert Hevert Jailed On Felony Charge
- Here’s What It’s Like To Travel To Hawaii, And Why It Makes Florida Look So Bad
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant