BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida is having a tough week. After a few days of what now looks like wishful thinking, the Sunshine State is the State of Dead COVID Patients.
The Florida Department of Health reports 212 COVID-19 deaths were added to the books on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. Florida also logged 8,183 new cases. The positivity rate jumped to 11.89-percent.
In Palm Beach County, the numbers continue to seem, well, off. Palm Beach County added 14 COVID-19 deaths on Tuesday through 11:59 with 284 new cases. But the positivity rate dropped to 6.1-percent ALTHOUGH the Pediatric Positivity rate jumped to 14.7-percent. (Pediatric is defined by Florida as children under age 18). The numbers do not sync up. The Palm Beach County positivity rate is roughly half of the State’s.
There are now 31,947 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 954 deaths. Statewide, 550,901 confirmed COVID-19 cases have been recored with 8,765 deaths.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRI-RAIL NIGHTMARE: Did Boca Fire Bungle Response To Death By Train?
- Major Parking Advisory For Miami Dolphins Monday Night Game
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH