BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida is having a tough week. After a few days of what now looks like wishful thinking, the Sunshine State is the State of Dead COVID Patients.
The Florida Department of Health reports 212 COVID-19 deaths were added to the books on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. Florida also logged 8,183 new cases. The positivity rate jumped to 11.89-percent.
In Palm Beach County, the numbers continue to seem, well, off. Palm Beach County added 14 COVID-19 deaths on Tuesday through 11:59 with 284 new cases. But the positivity rate dropped to 6.1-percent ALTHOUGH the Pediatric Positivity rate jumped to 14.7-percent. (Pediatric is defined by Florida as children under age 18). The numbers do not sync up. The Palm Beach County positivity rate is roughly half of the State’s.
There are now 31,947 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 954 deaths. Statewide, 550,901 confirmed COVID-19 cases have been recored with 8,765 deaths.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”