BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida is having a tough week. After a few days of what now looks like wishful thinking, the Sunshine State is the State of Dead COVID Patients.
The Florida Department of Health reports 212 COVID-19 deaths were added to the books on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. Florida also logged 8,183 new cases. The positivity rate jumped to 11.89-percent.
In Palm Beach County, the numbers continue to seem, well, off. Palm Beach County added 14 COVID-19 deaths on Tuesday through 11:59 with 284 new cases. But the positivity rate dropped to 6.1-percent ALTHOUGH the Pediatric Positivity rate jumped to 14.7-percent. (Pediatric is defined by Florida as children under age 18). The numbers do not sync up. The Palm Beach County positivity rate is roughly half of the State’s.
There are now 31,947 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 954 deaths. Statewide, 550,901 confirmed COVID-19 cases have been recored with 8,765 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested