BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County Verbatim) — The Palm Beach County Mosquito Control Division will be conducting aerial spraying beginning 30 minutes after sunset on Friday, August 14, weather permitting.
Aerial spraying is in response to the Mosquito Control Division’s and the Florida Department of Health’s surveillance and prevention efforts to combat mosquito-spread diseases. The Florida Department of Health-Palm Beach County has issued a mosquito-borne illness alert for the county as a second human case of West Nile virus has been confirmed.
The planned coverage area of approximately 280,000 acres will cover populated areas west of Military Trail from western Boca Raton north to Wellington, The Acreage/Loxahatchee, Jupiter Farms, and the Glades communities of Pahokee, Belle Glade, South Bay and Lake Harbor.
Should weather cause a cancelation, Mosquito Control will continue to attempt to spray by helicopter each evening until successful completion. To find out if aerial spraying was successfully completed, please call the Aerial Spray Hotline at 561-642-8775 to hear the most up to date information about the operation.
If you are going be outdoors after dark, use an insect repellent containing DEET and wear long pants and a long-sleeve shirt. To further help control mosquitoes, residents are asked to drain or minimize standing water on their properties
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching