Suspect Flees, Caught Near Florida Atlantic University Campus
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A pregnant woman in an argument with her boyfriend pulled off of I-95 in Boca Raton Wednesday and into the Mobil gas station at 690 West Glades Road — near Florida Atlantic University — where the boyfriend allegedly struck her multiple times with a closed fist.
The woman sustained injuries to her head and face.
The boyfriend — Damonte Johnson — then fled on foot, leading to a significant Boca Raton Police response. Tactical team officers found Johnson near the FAU. The police report states he refused to discuss the attack.
Johnson was arrested and charged with “aggravated battery on a pregnant woman.” He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail. Johnson was released later in the day on his own recognizance.
Jail records report Johnson’s home address as being in the 1800 block of NW 31st Avenue in Lauderhill.
Read the complete police report below. BocaNewsNow.cmon has redacted specific victim information.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster
- Palm Beach County Extends Facial Covering Executive Order
- Just 54,000 Students Returned To Palm Beach County Schools, 107K Stayed Online
- PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS: Parents, How Was In-Person Learning?
- Boca Raton Doctor Facing 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS CLEANING CRISIS: Principal Tells Teachers To “Make Solution Of Soap And Water”