Suspect Flees, Caught Near Florida Atlantic University Campus
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A pregnant woman in an argument with her boyfriend pulled off of I-95 in Boca Raton Wednesday and into the Mobil gas station at 690 West Glades Road — near Florida Atlantic University — where the boyfriend allegedly struck her multiple times with a closed fist.
The woman sustained injuries to her head and face.
The boyfriend — Damonte Johnson — then fled on foot, leading to a significant Boca Raton Police response. Tactical team officers found Johnson near the FAU. The police report states he refused to discuss the attack.
Johnson was arrested and charged with “aggravated battery on a pregnant woman.” He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail. Johnson was released later in the day on his own recognizance.
Jail records report Johnson’s home address as being in the 1800 block of NW 31st Avenue in Lauderhill.
Read the complete police report below. BocaNewsNow.cmon has redacted specific victim information.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors