Suspect Flees, Caught Near Florida Atlantic University Campus
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A pregnant woman in an argument with her boyfriend pulled off of I-95 in Boca Raton Wednesday and into the Mobil gas station at 690 West Glades Road — near Florida Atlantic University — where the boyfriend allegedly struck her multiple times with a closed fist.
The woman sustained injuries to her head and face.
The boyfriend — Damonte Johnson — then fled on foot, leading to a significant Boca Raton Police response. Tactical team officers found Johnson near the FAU. The police report states he refused to discuss the attack.
Johnson was arrested and charged with “aggravated battery on a pregnant woman.” He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail. Johnson was released later in the day on his own recognizance.
Jail records report Johnson’s home address as being in the 1800 block of NW 31st Avenue in Lauderhill.
Read the complete police report below. BocaNewsNow.cmon has redacted specific victim information.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Florida Teachers Now Eligible For COVID-19 Vaccine
- Hyundai Sued: Palm Beach County Man Says Genesis Is A Dud
- COVID Shot Now Available To Vulnerable Floridians Under 65
- Boca’s Courtney Isgette Arrested On DUI Charge
- Another Boynton Resident Killed In Crash
- Boynton Beach Resident Matthew Guntle Killed In Crash
- Ferrari Sues, Wants Its $400k Car Back From Palm Beach County Man
- West Delray Beach Resident Jailed On DUI Charge
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300