New Count Still Low, But Increase Is Notable. Positivity Rate Rises.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s unclear whether the latest numbers are representative of “embers” or something larger at play, but Palm Beach County just logged its highest “new infection” count in two weeks. According to the Florida Department of Health, 364 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 were logged on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. The highest in the past two weeks was 318 — that was recorded on August 14th.
While the Palm Beach County COVID-19 death cont only increased by 5 on Thursday, the positivity rate jumped to 6.34 percent. That is the highest since August 16th when 7.22-percent was recorded.
Statewide, Florida added 3,849 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. 89 deaths were added on Thursday. The positivity rate for all of Florida, based on Thursday’s reporting, is 5.73-percent.
There are now 41,558 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 1,099 deaths. The positivity rate jumped to 6.34 percent.
Florida’s infection total is now 615,806 people, with 10,957 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car