Labor Day Weekend Off To Good Start, Palm Beach County Phase 2 Still Set For Tuesday
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Significant concern that beaches would be packed and boaters would misbehave this Labor Day weekend seem to be unfounded, at least so far. A look Saturday at webcams across the area reveal nothing like what we’ve seen before — beaches are socially distanced and boats on Lake Boca are not creating a problem.
Palm Beach County Commissioners said they would not close beaches this weekend after several months of holiday closures in an effort to fight COVID. Social distancing was a huge problem in the first several months of COVID restrictions. Beaches were packed, Lake Boca was overwhelmed by boaters who blatantly violated executive orders and CDC guidelines. But with Palm Beach County now days away from Tuesday’s Phase 2 of Florida’s reopening plan, it appears few want to tempt fate.
Let us know if you see something we’re not seeing by using the contact link above, but so far, so good. The first stage of Phase 2 starts at 12:01 Tuesday morning with increased restaurant and store capacity. Schools open for optional in-person learning on September 21st. Additional openings and rule relaxing will occur over the next several weeks.
Bars across Palm Beach County remain closed by executive order of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.
- DEADLY DAY: Florida Records Record 217 COVID Deaths
- Broward County Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Site
- BREAKING: Boca Fire To Offer COVID Shots, Just 200 Available
- Cool, Wet Weather For South Florida
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Inhaling Dangerous Chemicals
- SO MANY DEAD: Florida Loses 1,079 To COVID In One Week