Labor Day Weekend Off To Good Start, Palm Beach County Phase 2 Still Set For Tuesday
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Significant concern that beaches would be packed and boaters would misbehave this Labor Day weekend seem to be unfounded, at least so far. A look Saturday at webcams across the area reveal nothing like what we’ve seen before — beaches are socially distanced and boats on Lake Boca are not creating a problem.
Palm Beach County Commissioners said they would not close beaches this weekend after several months of holiday closures in an effort to fight COVID. Social distancing was a huge problem in the first several months of COVID restrictions. Beaches were packed, Lake Boca was overwhelmed by boaters who blatantly violated executive orders and CDC guidelines. But with Palm Beach County now days away from Tuesday’s Phase 2 of Florida’s reopening plan, it appears few want to tempt fate.
Let us know if you see something we’re not seeing by using the contact link above, but so far, so good. The first stage of Phase 2 starts at 12:01 Tuesday morning with increased restaurant and store capacity. Schools open for optional in-person learning on September 21st. Additional openings and rule relaxing will occur over the next several weeks.
Bars across Palm Beach County remain closed by executive order of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Child Nearly Drowns At Lotus Swimming Pool In West Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Real Estate Still Troubled, Sales And Listings All Over The Place
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Another Kings Point Delray Beach Resident Arrested, Now 17 In ‘23
- Luke Bryan To Support Palm Beach County Schools
- Major Crash Closes Alligator Alley, At Least One Dead
- Boca Raton Man Sued By Amex, Owes $936,000 On Centurion Card
- Shooting In West Delray Beach Leaves One Man Critically Injured
- TROPICAL STORM WATCH: Philippe Approaches Land, National Hurricane Center Warning
- BOCA RATON FLOODING: Major Road Closed Due To High Waters Late Sunday Afternoon