DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Several readers reached out to BocaNewsNow.com on Saturday to report several shoppers in a Delray Beach Walmart were not wearing masks. Or more accurately, not wearing masks the way masks are expected to be worn per Palm Beach County Executive Order. Masks are to be worn over faces and noses. They also do little good if they are just worn on your forehead. That’s where the man above, with the phone, seems to be wearing his mask.
In the reader photos provided to BocaNewsNow.com, one man has his nose exposed. That renders the mask useless. The second man is wearing his blue mask on his forehead. Again, this renders the mask ineffective. Humans breathe from both their nose and mouth.
The Palm Beach County Facial Covering Executive Order remains in effect until further notice. Phase 2, which starts Tuesday, brings no change to that order.
Fines for individuals can hit $100. The official fine schedule is below.Fine-Schedule-for-Civil-Citations-for-Violations-of-Emergency-Orders
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days