DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Several readers reached out to BocaNewsNow.com on Saturday to report several shoppers in a Delray Beach Walmart were not wearing masks. Or more accurately, not wearing masks the way masks are expected to be worn per Palm Beach County Executive Order. Masks are to be worn over faces and noses. They also do little good if they are just worn on your forehead. That’s where the man above, with the phone, seems to be wearing his mask.
In the reader photos provided to BocaNewsNow.com, one man has his nose exposed. That renders the mask useless. The second man is wearing his blue mask on his forehead. Again, this renders the mask ineffective. Humans breathe from both their nose and mouth.
The Palm Beach County Facial Covering Executive Order remains in effect until further notice. Phase 2, which starts Tuesday, brings no change to that order.
Fines for individuals can hit $100. The official fine schedule is below.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools