BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Highway Patrol wants to know who was driving on I-95 at Glades Road around 1:42 a.m. and hit a person — killing them.
The driver continued on. There are no apparent witnesses.
Here is the narrative from FHP:
Vehicle-1 was traveling northbound on Interstate 95 approaching State Road 808 (Glades Road), in the center travel lane. It is unknown at this time if Pedestrian-1 was walking in the roadway or jumped from the overpass prior to the collision. Pedestrian-1 was struck in the center travel lane by Vehicle-1, and was dragged into the outside center lane, where he came to final rest. Vehicle-1 continued traveling northbound on Interstate 95 without stopping. Pedestrian-1 succumbed to the injuries caused by the collision and was pronounced deceased on scene. This case is still pending investigation.
There is no information available at this time on Vehicle-1 or its driver, if any tips are received in reference to this case please contact the Public Affairs Office via email or leave a message by contacting the Regional Communications center at *347.
Police have not identified the victim.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton