BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Highway Patrol wants to know who was driving on I-95 at Glades Road around 1:42 a.m. and hit a person — killing them.
The driver continued on. There are no apparent witnesses.
Here is the narrative from FHP:
Vehicle-1 was traveling northbound on Interstate 95 approaching State Road 808 (Glades Road), in the center travel lane. It is unknown at this time if Pedestrian-1 was walking in the roadway or jumped from the overpass prior to the collision. Pedestrian-1 was struck in the center travel lane by Vehicle-1, and was dragged into the outside center lane, where he came to final rest. Vehicle-1 continued traveling northbound on Interstate 95 without stopping. Pedestrian-1 succumbed to the injuries caused by the collision and was pronounced deceased on scene. This case is still pending investigation.
There is no information available at this time on Vehicle-1 or its driver, if any tips are received in reference to this case please contact the Public Affairs Office via email or leave a message by contacting the Regional Communications center at *347.
Police have not identified the victim.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart