BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Highway Patrol wants to know who was driving on I-95 at Glades Road around 1:42 a.m. and hit a person — killing them.
The driver continued on. There are no apparent witnesses.
Here is the narrative from FHP:
Vehicle-1 was traveling northbound on Interstate 95 approaching State Road 808 (Glades Road), in the center travel lane. It is unknown at this time if Pedestrian-1 was walking in the roadway or jumped from the overpass prior to the collision. Pedestrian-1 was struck in the center travel lane by Vehicle-1, and was dragged into the outside center lane, where he came to final rest. Vehicle-1 continued traveling northbound on Interstate 95 without stopping. Pedestrian-1 succumbed to the injuries caused by the collision and was pronounced deceased on scene. This case is still pending investigation.
There is no information available at this time on Vehicle-1 or its driver, if any tips are received in reference to this case please contact the Public Affairs Office via email or leave a message by contacting the Regional Communications center at *347.
Police have not identified the victim.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70