BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Highway Patrol wants to know who was driving on I-95 at Glades Road around 1:42 a.m. and hit a person — killing them.
The driver continued on. There are no apparent witnesses.
Here is the narrative from FHP:
Vehicle-1 was traveling northbound on Interstate 95 approaching State Road 808 (Glades Road), in the center travel lane. It is unknown at this time if Pedestrian-1 was walking in the roadway or jumped from the overpass prior to the collision. Pedestrian-1 was struck in the center travel lane by Vehicle-1, and was dragged into the outside center lane, where he came to final rest. Vehicle-1 continued traveling northbound on Interstate 95 without stopping. Pedestrian-1 succumbed to the injuries caused by the collision and was pronounced deceased on scene. This case is still pending investigation.
There is no information available at this time on Vehicle-1 or its driver, if any tips are received in reference to this case please contact the Public Affairs Office via email or leave a message by contacting the Regional Communications center at *347.
Police have not identified the victim.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Another South Florida Resident Guilty For January 6th Insurrection At Capitol
- Boca Raton Teacher To Be “Un-Fired” As School Board Rescinds Termination
- We Know What A Woman Tried To Steal From Macy’s Boca Raton
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- Weather: Back To The 50’s This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police