BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is warning parents that there is a graphic suicide video trending on TikTok, Facebook, and other social media outlets.
This advisory was transmitted to local media:
Parents are being warned that a graphic suicide video has surfaced on TikTok, Facebook and other social media platforms
Parents are being urged to monitor their children and teens’ use of TikTok and other social media platforms following reports of an extremely graphic video of a live-streamed suicide death. Other users- “trolls” have taken this footage and edited in thumbnails of puppies and kittens to trick social media viewers to click, which then shows a clip of the graphic video. Children and teens who have seen it report feeling traumatized. Others may be extremely distressed.
If you or anyone in your family viewed clips of this video and need crisis counseling reach out to 211 any time of day or night.
Dial 2-1-1 or text your zip code to TXT211 (898211). Calls to 211 are free, confidential and available 24/7. September is National Suicide Prevention Month. If you or someone you know is having a mental health crisis or thoughts of suicide, dial 2-1-1 and if requested- a Mobile Crisis Response team can be dispatched.
We encourage you to know the warning signs, you can find more information here: https://211palmbeach.org/suicide-prevention
Nonprofit 211 Helpline’s mission is to connect people to services 24 hours a day by understanding their individual emotional, financial and community needs and to support the health & human service system as a whole.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER SERVICE: Nor’easter To Pound North East, Rain To Dampen South Florida
- Boca Raton’s Robert Hevert Jailed On Felony Charge
- Here’s What It’s Like To Travel To Hawaii, And Why It Makes Florida Look So Bad
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant