BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is warning parents that there is a graphic suicide video trending on TikTok, Facebook, and other social media outlets.
This advisory was transmitted to local media:
Parents are being warned that a graphic suicide video has surfaced on TikTok, Facebook and other social media platforms
Parents are being urged to monitor their children and teens’ use of TikTok and other social media platforms following reports of an extremely graphic video of a live-streamed suicide death. Other users- “trolls” have taken this footage and edited in thumbnails of puppies and kittens to trick social media viewers to click, which then shows a clip of the graphic video. Children and teens who have seen it report feeling traumatized. Others may be extremely distressed.
If you or anyone in your family viewed clips of this video and need crisis counseling reach out to 211 any time of day or night.
Dial 2-1-1 or text your zip code to TXT211 (898211). Calls to 211 are free, confidential and available 24/7. September is National Suicide Prevention Month. If you or someone you know is having a mental health crisis or thoughts of suicide, dial 2-1-1 and if requested- a Mobile Crisis Response team can be dispatched.
We encourage you to know the warning signs, you can find more information here: https://211palmbeach.org/suicide-prevention
Nonprofit 211 Helpline’s mission is to connect people to services 24 hours a day by understanding their individual emotional, financial and community needs and to support the health & human service system as a whole.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County