BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boynton Beach woman under arrest for possession of crack cocaine is facing additional charges after police say she tried to smuggle crack into the Palm Beach County Jail by hiding it in her underwear.
Rosanne Barone of the 7800 block of Trapani Lane was stopped by Boynton Beach Police in the area of North Dixie Highway and 2nd Avenue North when an officer noticed her license plate apparently didn’t match her vehicle. During the traffic stop, a police report say officers noticed a substance in the vehicle that later tested positive for crack cocaine.
When a PBSO intake deputy searched Barone at the Palm Beach County Jail, she apparently found more crack cocaine hidden in her bra.
Barone is now charged with possession of crack cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia, and smuggling contraband into a correctional facility.
Barone was released from jail a short time after she was incarcerated — the jail record is reporting “time served” as the reason.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record