BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boynton Beach woman under arrest for possession of crack cocaine is facing additional charges after police say she tried to smuggle crack into the Palm Beach County Jail by hiding it in her underwear.
Rosanne Barone of the 7800 block of Trapani Lane was stopped by Boynton Beach Police in the area of North Dixie Highway and 2nd Avenue North when an officer noticed her license plate apparently didn’t match her vehicle. During the traffic stop, a police report say officers noticed a substance in the vehicle that later tested positive for crack cocaine.
When a PBSO intake deputy searched Barone at the Palm Beach County Jail, she apparently found more crack cocaine hidden in her bra.
Barone is now charged with possession of crack cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia, and smuggling contraband into a correctional facility.
Barone was released from jail a short time after she was incarcerated — the jail record is reporting “time served” as the reason.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash