BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boynton Beach woman under arrest for possession of crack cocaine is facing additional charges after police say she tried to smuggle crack into the Palm Beach County Jail by hiding it in her underwear.
Rosanne Barone of the 7800 block of Trapani Lane was stopped by Boynton Beach Police in the area of North Dixie Highway and 2nd Avenue North when an officer noticed her license plate apparently didn’t match her vehicle. During the traffic stop, a police report say officers noticed a substance in the vehicle that later tested positive for crack cocaine.
When a PBSO intake deputy searched Barone at the Palm Beach County Jail, she apparently found more crack cocaine hidden in her bra.
Barone is now charged with possession of crack cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia, and smuggling contraband into a correctional facility.
Barone was released from jail a short time after she was incarcerated — the jail record is reporting “time served” as the reason.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach