BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Timothy Werner, who told police he’s an employee of HVAC service company Southern Mechanical, is facing a DUI charge following his arrest late Wednesday night.
Werner was stopped in the 6300 block of West Glades Road where Boca Raton police were conducting a traffic crash investigation. Werner, according to a police report, smelled of alcohol and claimed to have consumed two glasses of wine at 2 p.m.
Officers asked Werner if he would take part in a field sobriety test. Werner declined. He was then transported to a PBSO blood alcohol testing facility where again he refused to provide a sample for testing. Officers then took Werner to Wellington Hospital for medical clearance, then booked him into the Palm Beach County Jail. He was released on his own recognizance at 6:44 Thursday morning.
Werner, of the 7600 block of Solimar Circle in Boca Raton, is charged with DUI. A court date is pending. The complete police report follows:
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays
- Feds Prepare To Take Seven Bridges Home, Property Of Chiropractor Richard Davidson
- COVID-19 Infects 122 In Palm Beach County Schools
- Election Issues In Palm Beach County? Spokesperson Won’t Discuss Ballot Vans
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000