DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton woman was killed Sunday when she apparently walked in front of an oncoming vehicle in the area of Atlantic Avenue and 5th Avenue. Deborah Meyer, according to police, was killed in the crash. The driver of the vehicle, Jeff Altidore, is NOT accused of wrongdoing. Police say he had the right of way.
Meyer lived in the 900 block of Ponce De Leon Road in Boca Raton. She was 55.
The crash happened around 1:40 AM Sunday.
From Delray Beach Police.
Upon arrival both P1 (Deborah Meyer) and P2 (Stephanie Olufs) were observed lying in the middle of the roadway, just South of the intersection. Both females appeared to have sustained severe injuries and several bystanders were observed rendering aid. V1 (2007 Honda Accord, FL tag JJR-R16) was observed parked on the left side of the roadway in a parking spot. Heavy damage was observed on the windshield and passenger side mirror. The registered owner of the vehicle, D1 (Jeff Altidore), was observed standing on the sidewalk by the vehicle.
Again, Altidore is NOT charged. Police assert he had the right of way.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Beach Cops Nab Gun Waving Perps
- JAIL: Delray Beach Man Charged With Robbery, Assault
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge