BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office arrested Matthew Michael Roth Saturday after they say he failed to register as a sex offender, something he is required to do every six months for the rest of his life.
Roth lives in the 2800 block of NW 24th Court in Boca Raton.
Roth plead guilty to one count of lewd and lascivious acts on a child in 1995 at the age of 20. If the Palm Beach County Clerk of Court’s online system is correct, he was sentenced to five years probation with the requirement to register as a sex offender every six month until his death. Based on the flyer, below, from FDLE, it appears that Roth registered just days ago, at least two months after his required registration date.
Roth is being held in the Palm Beach County Jail without bond as of Sunday morning.
UPDATE: Roth was released on $1000 bond around 2 pm Sunday.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier
- COVID FLORIDA BAD: Palm Beach Positivity Tops 8 Percent, 4289 New Cases in State
- Delray Beach Fire Rescue To Hold Bone Marrow Drive For Sick Girl
- Now 179 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Boca Realtor Punches Boyfriend In Face, Jailed