BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office arrested Matthew Michael Roth Saturday after they say he failed to register as a sex offender, something he is required to do every six months for the rest of his life.
Roth lives in the 2800 block of NW 24th Court in Boca Raton.
Roth plead guilty to one count of lewd and lascivious acts on a child in 1995 at the age of 20. If the Palm Beach County Clerk of Court’s online system is correct, he was sentenced to five years probation with the requirement to register as a sex offender every six month until his death. Based on the flyer, below, from FDLE, it appears that Roth registered just days ago, at least two months after his required registration date.
Roth is being held in the Palm Beach County Jail without bond as of Sunday morning.
UPDATE: Roth was released on $1000 bond around 2 pm Sunday.Matthew-Michael-Roth-Florida-Sexual-Offender
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested