BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach Police Advisory Verbatim) — On Monday, October 12, 2020 at approximately 5:10 p.m., officers responded to the area of South Federal Highway and Woolbright Road in reference to a three-vehicle crash.
Investigation has determined that there were two crashes, the first involved a gray Toyota Rav4 driven by W/M JAMES JOHN DOUGHERTY JR, 18, from Hypoluxo and a black Honda Ridgeline driven by W/M ADAM WHITNEY ARMSTRONG, 51, of Boynton Beach. The Toyota was pulling a pool maintenance trailer behind it. Both vehicles were traveling south on South Federal Highway when the Toyota struck the rear of the Honda causing minimal damage to the pool maintenance trailer.
According to witness accounts the driver of the Honda made contact with the driver of the Toyota. The driver of the Honda was walking back to his truck when the Toyota began to travel south again. The front driver’s side of the Toyota made contact with the passenger side of a red Hyundai Sonata driven by W/F SOPHIE BELLE CORRIGAN, 21, from Boynton Beach. The Toyota front right side made contact with the Honda’s rear driver’s side and then Armstrong, the driver of the Honda in the original crash. Armstrong died at the scene. Armstrong’s next of kin was notified.
While conducting the investigation the driver of the Toyota exhibited signs of possible impairment therefore a DUI investigation was conducted. Criminal charges are pending toxicology results.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call Traffic Homicide Investigator Vincent Mastro at 561-742-6165.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach
- South Palm Beach County Killer In Custody According To Police
- This Man Is A Predator, Police Say He’s In Boynton Beach
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Nephew’s Girlfriend With Broom, Jailed
- Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach 2024 Sping Graduation Dates Announced
- Another South Florida Resident Guilty For January 6th Insurrection At Capitol
- Boca Raton Teacher To Be “Un-Fired” As School Board Rescinds Termination
- We Know What A Woman Tried To Steal From Macy’s Boca Raton
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton