BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach Police Advisory Verbatim) — On Monday, October 12, 2020 at approximately 5:10 p.m., officers responded to the area of South Federal Highway and Woolbright Road in reference to a three-vehicle crash.
Investigation has determined that there were two crashes, the first involved a gray Toyota Rav4 driven by W/M JAMES JOHN DOUGHERTY JR, 18, from Hypoluxo and a black Honda Ridgeline driven by W/M ADAM WHITNEY ARMSTRONG, 51, of Boynton Beach. The Toyota was pulling a pool maintenance trailer behind it. Both vehicles were traveling south on South Federal Highway when the Toyota struck the rear of the Honda causing minimal damage to the pool maintenance trailer.
According to witness accounts the driver of the Honda made contact with the driver of the Toyota. The driver of the Honda was walking back to his truck when the Toyota began to travel south again. The front driver’s side of the Toyota made contact with the passenger side of a red Hyundai Sonata driven by W/F SOPHIE BELLE CORRIGAN, 21, from Boynton Beach. The Toyota front right side made contact with the Honda’s rear driver’s side and then Armstrong, the driver of the Honda in the original crash. Armstrong died at the scene. Armstrong’s next of kin was notified.
While conducting the investigation the driver of the Toyota exhibited signs of possible impairment therefore a DUI investigation was conducted. Criminal charges are pending toxicology results.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call Traffic Homicide Investigator Vincent Mastro at 561-742-6165.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent