BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach Police Advisory Verbatim) — On Monday, October 12, 2020 at approximately 5:10 p.m., officers responded to the area of South Federal Highway and Woolbright Road in reference to a three-vehicle crash.
Investigation has determined that there were two crashes, the first involved a gray Toyota Rav4 driven by W/M JAMES JOHN DOUGHERTY JR, 18, from Hypoluxo and a black Honda Ridgeline driven by W/M ADAM WHITNEY ARMSTRONG, 51, of Boynton Beach. The Toyota was pulling a pool maintenance trailer behind it. Both vehicles were traveling south on South Federal Highway when the Toyota struck the rear of the Honda causing minimal damage to the pool maintenance trailer.
According to witness accounts the driver of the Honda made contact with the driver of the Toyota. The driver of the Honda was walking back to his truck when the Toyota began to travel south again. The front driver’s side of the Toyota made contact with the passenger side of a red Hyundai Sonata driven by W/F SOPHIE BELLE CORRIGAN, 21, from Boynton Beach. The Toyota front right side made contact with the Honda’s rear driver’s side and then Armstrong, the driver of the Honda in the original crash. Armstrong died at the scene. Armstrong’s next of kin was notified.
While conducting the investigation the driver of the Toyota exhibited signs of possible impairment therefore a DUI investigation was conducted. Criminal charges are pending toxicology results.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call Traffic Homicide Investigator Vincent Mastro at 561-742-6165.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays
- Feds Prepare To Take Seven Bridges Home, Property Of Chiropractor Richard Davidson
- COVID-19 Infects 122 In Palm Beach County Schools
- Election Issues In Palm Beach County? Spokesperson Won’t Discuss Ballot Vans
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road