BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach Police Advisory Verbatim) — On Monday, October 12, 2020 at approximately 5:10 p.m., officers responded to the area of South Federal Highway and Woolbright Road in reference to a three-vehicle crash.
Investigation has determined that there were two crashes, the first involved a gray Toyota Rav4 driven by W/M JAMES JOHN DOUGHERTY JR, 18, from Hypoluxo and a black Honda Ridgeline driven by W/M ADAM WHITNEY ARMSTRONG, 51, of Boynton Beach. The Toyota was pulling a pool maintenance trailer behind it. Both vehicles were traveling south on South Federal Highway when the Toyota struck the rear of the Honda causing minimal damage to the pool maintenance trailer.
According to witness accounts the driver of the Honda made contact with the driver of the Toyota. The driver of the Honda was walking back to his truck when the Toyota began to travel south again. The front driver’s side of the Toyota made contact with the passenger side of a red Hyundai Sonata driven by W/F SOPHIE BELLE CORRIGAN, 21, from Boynton Beach. The Toyota front right side made contact with the Honda’s rear driver’s side and then Armstrong, the driver of the Honda in the original crash. Armstrong died at the scene. Armstrong’s next of kin was notified.
While conducting the investigation the driver of the Toyota exhibited signs of possible impairment therefore a DUI investigation was conducted. Criminal charges are pending toxicology results.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call Traffic Homicide Investigator Vincent Mastro at 561-742-6165.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach