Palm Beach County Shows Highest New Case Count In Two Weeks
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health just reported the fifth day of significant COVID-19 infection gains in the state, with 3,423 new infections being added to the books on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. Florida also added 94 deaths. The statewide positivity rate — according to the Florida Department of Health — is 4.38-percent for the most recent tests.
We note that Johns Hopkins reports Florida’s positivity rate as 12.30 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 189 new COVID-19 cases were added on Thursday based on tests logged through 11:59 p.m. That’s the highest in two weeks if you do not count the October 10th results which were flagged by the DOH as being problematic. Six new deaths were added in Palm Beach County on Thursday. The positivity rate for the day’s report is 3.37 percent.
There are now 48,674 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,478 deaths. Statewide, Florida has 748,437 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 15,830 deaths.
Link to Johns Hopkins report.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY
- HURRICANE IAN: Schools Open But Heavy Rain, Strong Rain Expected In South Florida
- DEAD IN VALENCIA FALLS: Woman Drives Into Garage, Backs Into House, Utility Pole
- Loggers’ Run Boca Raton Forecloses On Homeowner Over $777
- CAR THEFTS: POLICE FRUSTRATED WITH SEVEN BRIDGES, LOTUS BOARDS
- HURRICANE IAN MAY PACK 130 MPH WINDS AS IT APPROACHES FLORIDA
- IAN: PALM BEACH COUNTY WARNS OF HEAVY RAIN, TORNADOES
- REMINDER: All Schools Closed In Palm Beach County Monday
- IAN TRACK SHIFTS, BUT SOUTH FLORIDA TOLD UNCERTAINTY HIGH