Palm Beach County Shows Highest New Case Count In Two Weeks
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health just reported the fifth day of significant COVID-19 infection gains in the state, with 3,423 new infections being added to the books on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. Florida also added 94 deaths. The statewide positivity rate — according to the Florida Department of Health — is 4.38-percent for the most recent tests.
We note that Johns Hopkins reports Florida’s positivity rate as 12.30 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 189 new COVID-19 cases were added on Thursday based on tests logged through 11:59 p.m. That’s the highest in two weeks if you do not count the October 10th results which were flagged by the DOH as being problematic. Six new deaths were added in Palm Beach County on Thursday. The positivity rate for the day’s report is 3.37 percent.
There are now 48,674 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,478 deaths. Statewide, Florida has 748,437 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 15,830 deaths.
Link to Johns Hopkins report.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays
- Feds Prepare To Take Seven Bridges Home, Property Of Chiropractor Richard Davidson
- COVID-19 Infects 122 In Palm Beach County Schools
- Election Issues In Palm Beach County? Spokesperson Won’t Discuss Ballot Vans
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton