Palm Beach County Shows Highest New Case Count In Two Weeks
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health just reported the fifth day of significant COVID-19 infection gains in the state, with 3,423 new infections being added to the books on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. Florida also added 94 deaths. The statewide positivity rate — according to the Florida Department of Health — is 4.38-percent for the most recent tests.
We note that Johns Hopkins reports Florida’s positivity rate as 12.30 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 189 new COVID-19 cases were added on Thursday based on tests logged through 11:59 p.m. That’s the highest in two weeks if you do not count the October 10th results which were flagged by the DOH as being problematic. Six new deaths were added in Palm Beach County on Thursday. The positivity rate for the day’s report is 3.37 percent.
There are now 48,674 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,478 deaths. Statewide, Florida has 748,437 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 15,830 deaths.
Link to Johns Hopkins report.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.