Palm Beach County Shows Highest New Case Count In Two Weeks
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health just reported the fifth day of significant COVID-19 infection gains in the state, with 3,423 new infections being added to the books on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. Florida also added 94 deaths. The statewide positivity rate — according to the Florida Department of Health — is 4.38-percent for the most recent tests.
We note that Johns Hopkins reports Florida’s positivity rate as 12.30 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 189 new COVID-19 cases were added on Thursday based on tests logged through 11:59 p.m. That’s the highest in two weeks if you do not count the October 10th results which were flagged by the DOH as being problematic. Six new deaths were added in Palm Beach County on Thursday. The positivity rate for the day’s report is 3.37 percent.
There are now 48,674 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,478 deaths. Statewide, Florida has 748,437 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 15,830 deaths.
Link to Johns Hopkins report.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton