Johns Hopkins Reports Florida’s Seven Day Moving Average Positivity Rate As 11.9 Percent, Florida Claims 4.86 Percent Positivity.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida now reports 16,021 COVID-19 deaths as another 1,766 infections were added to the books on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. That brings the total infection case count in Florida to 756,727. The positivity rate for all of Florida, based on Sunday’s reporting, is 4.86-percent.
In Palm Beach County, 66 new COVID-19 cases were recorded Sunday, bringing the total to 49,068. The Palm Beach County death count is now 1,497. The Palm Beach County positivity rate is presented by the Florida Department of Health as 2.74-percent. The Department of Health repots a growing number of people visiting Emergency Rooms in Palm Beach County with “Flu-Like Symptoms.”
Johns Hopkins, considered the gold standard of COVID-19 data monitoring and reporting, says these numbers may be inaccurate. Johns Hopkins says Florida’s rolling positivity average over 7 days for new cases is 11.9-percent and trending up.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday