Woman Allegedly Pulls “Clump Of Gray Hair” From Her Mother’s Head
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton attorney is now out of jail following her arrest for allegedly ripping hair out of the head of her 76 year old mother.
Karen Crew, 47, allegedly was so enraged in an argument with her mother that she ripped “a clump of gray hair” from the woman’s head. The alleged hair ripping incident allegedly led to a “grab” and a “push” that led the elderly woman to fall from steps. She landed on the floor.
From the police report, which you can read in its entirety below:
“I went to West Boca Medical Center where (the mother) was being admitted to the emergency room. (The mother) looked to be in pain and was trembling. (She) stated she and Karen had been arguing all day reference to her granddaughter. (She) said she was coming down the stairs from her granddaughter into bed when she was met by Karen at the bottom of the stairs. (She) explained Karen approached her in a rage and immediately grabbed her hair and was screaming in her face. (She) tried to move away and Karen ripped hair out of her head and had it in her hand. (She) stated as she attempted to walk away Karen grabbed her by the shoulders to try to turn her around and at the same time Karen pushed her to the ground causing her to fall. (She) said she is suffering at the moment from hip, arm and leg pain from the fall.”
The police report adds:
“There are no independent witnesses of the actual incident occurring but I asked Karen’s husband and he stated he was in the bedroom and could hear Karen and (alleged victim) in a verbal argument. He then heard (alleged victim) shout his name and ask for help. When he ran to the area he saw (his mother in law) lying on the floor and Karen by her with a clump of gray hair in Karen’s hand from Ruth’s head.”
Crew was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail Saturday morning at 2:08 a.m. and released just after 3 p.m. She is charged with “battery on a person 65 years of age or older.”crew-arrest
The alleged incident occurred in the 10800 block of King Bay Drive in West Boca Raton.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER
- Palm Beach Schools Return With 785 COVID-19 Cases Logged So Far
- Delray Beach Man Jailed On Child Abuse, Strangulation Charges
- COVID FLORIDA: State Adds Another 7179 Cases In One Day, Positivity Climbs