Watch Live Here
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner, notably silent about the dramatic rise in COVID-19 cases and deaths over the past several weeks, will provide a “COVID-19 Update” today at 4 p.m.
Palm Beach County has been teetering on a 10 percent positivity rate for nearly a week. This level of COVID-19 in the community previously led to shutdowns, rules and restrictions. While Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has made it difficult — if not impossible — for local leaders to issue citations or impose penalties on individuals for not wearing masks or violating other COVID-19 orders, Kerner’s silence has been notable.
Check back at 4PM for the feed.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday