BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County Verbatim Advisory) — Beginning on Dec. 29, the Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners, through its Community Services Department (CSD), will add $500 to all approved CARES Act food applications to help those impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. No action is needed from approved clients.
Under the CARES Act, Palm Beach County issued pre-paid debit cards to approved residents to purchase food for households that were adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to apply, clients had to present evidence their household was adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic including supporting documentation to prove income eligibility. Only one card was issued per household.
Food assistance was based on household size. The new amounts including the additional funds are listed below:
· 1-2 household members: $900
· 3-4 household members: $1,300
· 5 or more household members: $1,500
For clients who have pre-paid card balances of $100 and higher, their cards will automatically be reloaded with the additional $500, and new cards will not be issued. Clients who have card balances at or below $100 will receive new cards in the mail.
Pre-paid debit cards approved on and after Dec. 21 will include the $500 additional benefit.
For more information, call the CSD’s Contact Center at (561) 355-4792.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman