Expect Increased Police Presence In Palm Beach County, Broward County.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you are planning to drink and drive tonight, be prepared to be stopped. Police departments throughout the area are gearing up for DUI saturation patrols in Palm Beach and Broward Counties.
While officers and deputies are always on the lookout for drunk drivers, extra units will be on the road tonight aggressively looking for those who have had too much to drink and still decided to drive.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office is publicizing its plans:
“BSO’s D.U.I. Task Force will be conducting a high visibility saturation and enforcement operation throughout Broward County from 5:00 p.m. on Dec. 31st until 5:00 a.m. on Jan. 1st, 2021.
The purpose of this operation is to detect, cite and arrest drivers who are an immediate threat to the safety of the general public, when criminal violations are found.
Anyone with information regarding drunk drivers is asked to call Broward County Regional Communications at 954-764-4357.”
If you see drivers who appear to be drunk anywhere in Florida, call *FHP (*347) to contact the Florida Highway Patrol.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested