Increase Of More Than 100 Since Christmas Week
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In what appears to be a record since the summer surge, there are 396 people so sick with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County that they are now hospitalized. That is an increase of at least 105 patients over the past several days. We reported an official count of 291 on December 21st. Statewide, 7242 people are hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
The data is provided by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
The ICU situation in South Palm Beach County is challenging, according to early morning numbers on Tuesday. There is just one ICU bed available at Bethesda West, where 9 are in use. West Boca Medical Center reports 4 ICU beds available and 12 are in use. Delray Medical Center reports 38 ICU beds in use with 14 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 28 ICU beds in use with 13 available.
Combining both ICU and general hospital beds: 47,650 hospital beds are in use in Florida with 14,166 available.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW
- Fatal Shooting Under Investigation By Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office