Increase Of More Than 100 Since Christmas Week
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In what appears to be a record since the summer surge, there are 396 people so sick with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County that they are now hospitalized. That is an increase of at least 105 patients over the past several days. We reported an official count of 291 on December 21st. Statewide, 7242 people are hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
The data is provided by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
The ICU situation in South Palm Beach County is challenging, according to early morning numbers on Tuesday. There is just one ICU bed available at Bethesda West, where 9 are in use. West Boca Medical Center reports 4 ICU beds available and 12 are in use. Delray Medical Center reports 38 ICU beds in use with 14 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 28 ICU beds in use with 13 available.
Combining both ICU and general hospital beds: 47,650 hospital beds are in use in Florida with 14,166 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Schools: Now 1930 COVID Cases As Boca High Surges
- Boca, Delray ICU Situation Remains Poor, COVID Count High
- Boca Raton’s Kyle Ewart Guilty, Possessed Child Images
- Florida Publix COVID Vaccine Appointments Available, Here’s How To Book
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge