BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Deerfield Beach man “popped a wheelie” on his motorcycle and crashed into a driver from Boca Raton with such force that he was thrown from motorcycle and died.
The crash happened on Hillsboro Blvd. Monday evening.
Here is the official media release from the Broward Sheriff’s Office:
“According to Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives, at approximately 10:23 p.m. Monday, Jan. 18, Alvaro Escalante was traveling westbound on a 2012 Red Aprilia RSV4 motorcycle in the 4900 block of West Hillsboro Boulevard in Deerfield Beach.
At the same time, Marcio Nantes Vehara Filho was traveling eastbound on West Hillsboro Boulevard.
As Filho conducted a left turn and proceeded northbound on Northeast 41st Avenue, Escalante, just prior to Filho turning left, performed a wheelie and continued westbound through the intersection striking Filho’s vehicle. Subsequently, the front end of Escalante’s motorcycle collided with the driver’s side front corner of Filho’s 2018 White Subaru WRX sedan.
The force of the impact caused Escalante to be ejected from the motorcycle.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported Escalante to Broward Health North where he was pronounced deceased at 2:06 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 19.
Filho remained on scene and was cooperative with investigators.
Preliminary investigation revealed reckless driving and excessive speed could be considered a possible contributing factor to the crash based on the vehicle damage and physical evidence left on scene. The investigation is ongoing.” [Media advisory ends].
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton
- Man Who Claims To Be Worth $27M Again Refuses To Pay Dinner Check
- Lyndsey Kennedy, Found In Delray Drain In March, Now Jailed
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical