BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Deerfield Beach man “popped a wheelie” on his motorcycle and crashed into a driver from Boca Raton with such force that he was thrown from motorcycle and died.
The crash happened on Hillsboro Blvd. Monday evening.
Here is the official media release from the Broward Sheriff’s Office:
“According to Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives, at approximately 10:23 p.m. Monday, Jan. 18, Alvaro Escalante was traveling westbound on a 2012 Red Aprilia RSV4 motorcycle in the 4900 block of West Hillsboro Boulevard in Deerfield Beach.
At the same time, Marcio Nantes Vehara Filho was traveling eastbound on West Hillsboro Boulevard.
As Filho conducted a left turn and proceeded northbound on Northeast 41st Avenue, Escalante, just prior to Filho turning left, performed a wheelie and continued westbound through the intersection striking Filho’s vehicle. Subsequently, the front end of Escalante’s motorcycle collided with the driver’s side front corner of Filho’s 2018 White Subaru WRX sedan.
The force of the impact caused Escalante to be ejected from the motorcycle.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported Escalante to Broward Health North where he was pronounced deceased at 2:06 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 19.
Filho remained on scene and was cooperative with investigators.
Preliminary investigation revealed reckless driving and excessive speed could be considered a possible contributing factor to the crash based on the vehicle damage and physical evidence left on scene. The investigation is ongoing.” [Media advisory ends].
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY