BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Statement Issued By PBC Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth) — Palm Beach County Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth is pleased to announce a special program to provide COVID-19 vaccinations for Holocaust survivors in Palm Beach County.
“Holocaust survivors are treasures and we need to make sure they receive vaccinations,’’ he said Thursday.
“I am truly grateful to the Governor, Jared Moskowitz, Director, and Jared Rosenstein, Legislative Affairs Director, both with the Florida Division of Emergency Management for making this happen,” he said.
Weinroth’s project is part of a statewide program to make sure Holocaust survivors have immediate access to the vaccine. He contacted the Governor’s office last week for assistance with the program.
“We owe these Holocaust survivors for serving as inspiration to so many people,’’ Gov. Ron DeSantis said at a press conference Thursday at Turnberry Jewish Center in Aventura. “We are thankful for what they mean to this country and how they remind us to never forget.’’
DeSantis said 750 doses will go to Holocaust survivors who are homebound seniors.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Health Inspectors Shut Max’s Grille In January
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector
- Boynton Beach Woman Missing, Police Seek Help
- Local Man Wins $1M In Florida Lottery