BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Statement Issued By PBC Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth) — Palm Beach County Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth is pleased to announce a special program to provide COVID-19 vaccinations for Holocaust survivors in Palm Beach County.
“Holocaust survivors are treasures and we need to make sure they receive vaccinations,’’ he said Thursday.
“I am truly grateful to the Governor, Jared Moskowitz, Director, and Jared Rosenstein, Legislative Affairs Director, both with the Florida Division of Emergency Management for making this happen,” he said.
Weinroth’s project is part of a statewide program to make sure Holocaust survivors have immediate access to the vaccine. He contacted the Governor’s office last week for assistance with the program.
“We owe these Holocaust survivors for serving as inspiration to so many people,’’ Gov. Ron DeSantis said at a press conference Thursday at Turnberry Jewish Center in Aventura. “We are thankful for what they mean to this country and how they remind us to never forget.’’
DeSantis said 750 doses will go to Holocaust survivors who are homebound seniors.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School