BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — (Source: National Weather Service Verbatim at 6:30 a.m.) — A tornado warning is in effect for much of our coverage area until 7 a.m. This is the official bulletin from the National Weather Service:
BULLETIN – EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED Tornado Warning National Weather Service Miami FL 623 AM EST Tue Feb 16 2021 The National Weather Service in Miami has issued a * Tornado Warning for… East central Collier County in southwestern Florida… Southeastern Hendry County in southern Florida… Northern Broward County in southeastern Florida… Southwestern Palm Beach County in southeastern Florida… *
Until 700 AM EST. * At 622 AM EST, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado was located over Miccosukee Indian Reservation, or 34 miles south of South Bay, moving northeast at 25 mph. HAZARD…Tornado.
SOURCE…Radar indicated rotation. IMPACT…Expect damage to mobile homes, roofs, and vehicles. Tree damage is likely. * Locations impacted include… Miccosukee Indian Reservation and Miccosukee Service Plaza.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… TAKE COVER NOW! Move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a sturdy building. Avoid windows. If you are outdoors, in a mobile home, or in a vehicle, move to the closest substantial shelter and protect yourself from flying debris. To report severe weather contact your nearest law enforcement agency. They will send your report to the National Weather Service office in Miami. You can also share your report with NWS Miami on Facebook and Twitter.
&& LAT…LON 2614 8088 2617 8094 2634 8085 2627 8067 TIME…MOT…LOC 1122Z 231DEG 24KT 2618 8089 TORNADO…RADAR INDICATED HAIL…<.75IN
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Health Inspectors Shut Max’s Grille In January
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector
- Boynton Beach Woman Missing, Police Seek Help
- Local Man Wins $1M In Florida Lottery