PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Legendary radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh has died. It was not immediately clear if he died in the town of Palm Beach where he owns a home at 1495 North Ocean Blvd. The death was first reported by Matt Drudge on his Drudge Report website. Limbaugh’s wife, Katherine, confirmed the death of her husband at the start at what would have been his Wednesday broadcast.
(Read the Limbaugh arrest report from Palm Beach County).
Limbaugh announced a lung cancer diagnosis in early 2020. He continued to work during treatment.
Limbaugh, 70, was one of the most successful — and highest paid — radio personalities of all time.
Reportedly frustrated with taxes in New York, he relocated to Palm Beach County more than 20 years ago and built a studio in his mega-house in Palm Beach.
He broadcast his nationally syndicated conservative radio program from the home during much of the year.
He was notably arrested in Palm Beach County in 2006 in relation to illegally obtained prescription pain medication. He later admitted to an addiction.
Former President Trump bestowed the “medal of Freedom” on Limbaugh in 2020.
Limbaugh’s ocean front home is 21,487 square feet with 16,629 under air, according to the Palm Beach County property appraiser. His total property tax in 2020 was listed as $500,675 with a taxable home value of $30,132,777.
For those seeking a bit of history, we are publishing the Palm Beach County court “file” from Limbaugh’s 2006 arrest. Arrest reports are not in the system from that far back, but this is a list of events regarding the case. If you are not seeing the PDF, click here to access our full website.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police
- Alabama Company Buys Boca Raton Assisted Living Facility
- RIGHT NOW: CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine In South Florida, Sign Up
- Mizner Country Club Sued For Discrimination, Ex-Bartender Claims Sexual Assault
- HURRICANE: First Forecast Set For Early April
- Federal Charges Filed Against Parkland Pediatrician Mizrachy
- POLICE: Woman Abandons Three Children Across Palm Beach County