PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Legendary radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh has died. It was not immediately clear if he died in the town of Palm Beach where he owns a home at 1495 North Ocean Blvd. The death was first reported by Matt Drudge on his Drudge Report website. Limbaugh’s wife, Katherine, confirmed the death of her husband at the start at what would have been his Wednesday broadcast.
(Read the Limbaugh arrest report from Palm Beach County).
Limbaugh announced a lung cancer diagnosis in early 2020. He continued to work during treatment.
Limbaugh, 70, was one of the most successful — and highest paid — radio personalities of all time.
Reportedly frustrated with taxes in New York, he relocated to Palm Beach County more than 20 years ago and built a studio in his mega-house in Palm Beach.
He broadcast his nationally syndicated conservative radio program from the home during much of the year.
He was notably arrested in Palm Beach County in 2006 in relation to illegally obtained prescription pain medication. He later admitted to an addiction.
Former President Trump bestowed the “medal of Freedom” on Limbaugh in 2020.
Limbaugh’s ocean front home is 21,487 square feet with 16,629 under air, according to the Palm Beach County property appraiser. His total property tax in 2020 was listed as $500,675 with a taxable home value of $30,132,777.
For those seeking a bit of history, we are publishing the Palm Beach County court “file” from Limbaugh’s 2006 arrest. Arrest reports are not in the system from that far back, but this is a list of events regarding the case. If you are not seeing the PDF, click here to access our full website.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton
- Man Who Claims To Be Worth $27M Again Refuses To Pay Dinner Check
- Lyndsey Kennedy, Found In Delray Drain In March, Now Jailed
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical