PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Legendary radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh has died. It was not immediately clear if he died in the town of Palm Beach where he owns a home at 1495 North Ocean Blvd. The death was first reported by Matt Drudge on his Drudge Report website. Limbaugh’s wife, Katherine, confirmed the death of her husband at the start at what would have been his Wednesday broadcast.
(Read the Limbaugh arrest report from Palm Beach County).
Limbaugh announced a lung cancer diagnosis in early 2020. He continued to work during treatment.
Limbaugh, 70, was one of the most successful — and highest paid — radio personalities of all time.
Reportedly frustrated with taxes in New York, he relocated to Palm Beach County more than 20 years ago and built a studio in his mega-house in Palm Beach.
He broadcast his nationally syndicated conservative radio program from the home during much of the year.
He was notably arrested in Palm Beach County in 2006 in relation to illegally obtained prescription pain medication. He later admitted to an addiction.
Former President Trump bestowed the “medal of Freedom” on Limbaugh in 2020.
Limbaugh’s ocean front home is 21,487 square feet with 16,629 under air, according to the Palm Beach County property appraiser. His total property tax in 2020 was listed as $500,675 with a taxable home value of $30,132,777.
For those seeking a bit of history, we are publishing the Palm Beach County court “file” from Limbaugh’s 2006 arrest. Arrest reports are not in the system from that far back, but this is a list of events regarding the case. If you are not seeing the PDF, click here to access our full website.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Miami Dolphin Vontae Davis Arrested For DUI In South Florida
- Victims Of Double Fatal West Boca Raton Crash Identified
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON