BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A woman who owns an oceanfront condo is charged with shoplifting from Saks at the Boca Raton Town Center Mall.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report on BocaNewsNow.com).
Maria Altadonna of the 1000 block of South Ocean Drive in Pompano Beach allegedly was caught hiding blouses in in her purse.
According to a Boca Raton Police report reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, “Maria Altadonna (was observed by a Saks Loss Prevention Officer) concealing two blouses in her handbag, the total amount of the blouses is $795. Altadonna passed all points of sale and made no attempt to pay.”
Wrote the Boca Raton Police officer in his arrest report:
“I then spoke with Altadonna. I read her constitutional warnings from my department issued card. She advised she took the items and passed all points of sale with the intention of not paying. Altadonna was placed under arrest in violation of (Florida Statute for) felony retail theft.”
Maria Altadonna was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 8:17 p.m. on Wednesday and held until she posted $1,000 bond — notably more than the value of the blouses — mid-day on Thursday.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates