BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (Reading in a news app? Click here for full report, documents)— The latest update to the Florida profile report issued by the White House COVID-19 team, HHS and other agencies, reveals potentially good news for Palm Beach County.
The report, routinely hidden by former President Donald Trump and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has been updated at least three times since the Biden administration took office. Trump and DeSantis never wanted the report released because it details a reality different from the world in which each of them lives. The report often chronicles deaths and infections that run counter to the rosy picture each of them paints.
But now, the report is showing good news.
The latest version reveals that Palm Beach County has moved into the “orange” zone — meaning the new case count is low enough to generate optimism among health experts. Notable: Palm Beach County’s numbers are significantly better than neighboring Broward County and Miami-Dade County — each of which remain “red.”
There are now 18 Florida counties in the “red” zone with 19 in the “orange” zone and 24 “yellow.”
While the news is good, health experts continue to warn of the COVID variants that are present in Florida. There is significant concern that another surge is just weeks away. Florida leads the nation with the number of “variant” COVID infections.
The report is full of data which we want our readers to interpret individually — we aren’t going to tell you what to think. We are publishing the complete report, below. If you are reading in a news app — like NewsBreak or SmartNews — and the PDF does not appear, just click here to be directed to our website where it is available to you.Florida_State_Profile_Report_20210214_Public
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School