One Is 14 Years Old, Other Is 16. Jailed Monday Afternoon.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Two Boca Raton teens are in the Palm Beach County Jail Monday night, charged with first degree premeditated murder.
It was not immediately clear who they are accused of killing, or if the Palm Beach County Jail has omitted “attempted” from its booking report. There was no immediate response from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office which is the agency that filed the charges.
Dominick Garcia, 14, was booked into jail at 4:44 p.m. He lives in the 8100 block of Severn Drive in Boca Raton.
Gabriel Garcia, 16, was also booked into jail at 4:44 p.m. He lives in the 1500 block of SW 65th Terrace.
Both are charged with “homicide — murder first degree premeditated.”
It is unusual for the Palm Beach County Jail to release photos and booking information for minors, suggesting that prosecutors sought — and received permission — to charge the teens as adults.
BocaNewsNow.com is aware of one pending case of attempted murder involving two juveniles who are expected to be charged as adults, but it is not clear if this is that case. We are not reporting specifics pending clarification from PBSO.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
UPDATE: CLICK HERE FOR LATEST.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday