Ignore Texts From 561-486-3649.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here for the full report) — A text apparently being sent en masse today to cell phones in Palm Beach County is unsolicited and should be ignored.
The sending number — 561-486-3649 — leads to the recording of a woman’s voice offering credit repair services, reduced fee real estate purchase options, student loan consolidation, and help if you own the government money. The text message being sent: “2 room places are ready for anyone making at least 1270 a month own. Text HE6 to begin.”
We attempted to be connected to a “live operator” but were told that representatives only speak with people in the United States. We were calling from a 561 area code telephone number.
Unsolicited texts are illegal under Federal law. Several lawsuits are pending — including one against a Boca Raton salon — for allegedly illegally sending text messages in an effort to generate business. The fine can run $1500 per message — which means a mass text campaign can easily face penalties in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Several Boca Raton area restaurants, businesses and service providers have taken to unsolicited texting as a way to solicit business in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. There is no exception. These texts are illegal.
If you receive an unsolicited text, don’t respond. Instead, report it to the Federal Trade Commission. Use this link to file a complaint.
Also let us know so we can share it with our readers. Use the form below. If you are reading in a news app and the form does not appear, just click here.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: South Florida Man Pleads Guilty To Medicare Fraud
- Crash On Turnpike Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- DeSantis, Self-Proclaimed “Education Governor,” Tightens Stranglehold On State Colleges
- Living Room Theater At FAU To Permanently Close
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection
- SEVEN BRIDGES HOMEOWNER WITH LACERATED NECK WAS FOUND COVERED IN WHITE POWDER
- TODAY: Diverging Diamond Opens At Glades Road And I-95 In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Man, Bit Him On Neck