Now 2,885 Confirmed Cases, Most Logged Since January.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Most of the Palm Beach County School District’s 2,885 recorded cases of COVID-19 have been logged since January 1st, meaning the past nine weeks have been the most COVID-ridden in the school district since the pandemic began.
As the one year anniversary of schools shutting for COVID-19 approaches, the school district’s numbers tell a story that appears to be divergent from the general public. Even with new infections seemingly on a downward trend in Florida, the Palm Beach County School District’s COVID-19 numbers are staying steady.
Of the 2,885 COVID-19 cases reported since school resumed in September, 1,617 have been logged since school resumed following the winter break. That’s more than half.
Among the schools with notable numbers:
Boca Raton Community High School: 54 COVID-19 cases.
Boca Raton Community Middle School: 36 COVID-19 cases.
Boynton Beach Community High School: 17 COVID-19 cases.
Calusa Elementary: 28 COVID-19 cases.
Del Prado Elementary: 23 COVID-19 cases.
Don Estridge High Tech Middle: 53 COVID-19 cases.
Morikami Park Elementary: 17 COVID-19 cases.
Olympic Heights Community High: 33 COVID-19 cases.
Omni Middle: 25 COVID-19 cases.
Plumosa School of the Arts: 22 COVID-19 cases.
Polo Park Middle: 26 COVID-19 cases.
Verde K-8: 27 COVID-19 cases.
Waters Edge Elementary: 29 COVID-19 cases.
Wellington Landings Middle: 18 COVID-19 cases.
West Boca Raton Community High: 24 COVID-19 cases.
Whispering Pines Elementary: 23 COVID-19 cases.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCHOOL DISTRICT: Students Will Be Behind Plexiglass Barriers
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL SITUATION BAD: Latest HHS Numbers Scary
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…