DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here) — A Delray Beach woman who allegedly bit her boyfriend and kicked police officers is facing multiple charges following her arrest by Delray Beach Police.
Josie Cooper, 20, of the 4700 block of Citation Drive in Delray is charged with “battery on an officer,” “battery touch or strike,” and “resist officer with violence.”
According to police, Cooper’s boyfriend screamed in his apartment for someone to call police. That led a neighbor to call 911.
When police arrived, “Officers made contact with Cooper (and her boyfriend) and could visibly see bite and scratch marks on the boyfriend. Cooper had redness and bruising on her forehead above her right eye. Post Miranda, Cooper stated she and (her boyfriend) got into an article that turned physical. Cooper stated she started to punch (her boyfriend) with a closed fist multiple times before (the boyfriend) grabbed her by her hair and slammed her into the wall with her head. Cooper stated she then lost control and started physically attacking and hitting (her boyfriend).”
The report adds, “(the boyfriend) stated he and Cooper got into an argument that turned physical. (The boyfriend) stated he was trying to push Cooper off him as she was biting him.”
As officers attempted to place Cooper into handcuffs and place her in the rear of the marked patrol vehicle, Cooper allegedly continued to “actively resist officers.” Police say she kicked officers “multiple times as she failed to comply to stay seated” in the police car.
Cooper was booked into the Palm Beach County and later released on $2,000 bond.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint
- NEW FLORIDA COVID PROBLEMS: Area Hospitals Filling Again
- FAU Student Wins $10K For Boating App
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95