Highest New Infection Count In Days Recorded On Tuesday, Announced Wednesday.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here for full report) — The COVID-19 new case count is climbing again in Florida, raising new fears that variants are spreading and possibly not being thwarted as effectively by COVID-19 vaccines.
The Florida Department of health reports 4,895 new COVID-19 cases were recorded on Tuesday. The new case count was 4,450 on Monday and 3,481 on Sunday.
Also notable is the positivity rate: it was 4.89 percent on March 5th, but has remained in the 5’s ever since.
Florida’s total infection count is now 1,957,586 with 31,948 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, the new COVID-19 case count jumped from 256 on Monday to 448 on Tuesday. That’s the highest since March 4th. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County remains in the 5’s. It was 4.47 percent on March 5th.
There are now 124,230 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Palm Beach County with 2,528 deaths.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County — which includes all cases in residents 18 and under — is holding at a very high 14.4 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities