Police: Riesen Involved In Two Crashes In Just One Day
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (BSO Verbatim Advisory) — A driver is dead after being involved in two crashes in one day.
According to Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives, at approximately 5:26 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 25, Joseph Riesen was traveling eastbound on Northeast Second Street in a 2015 GMC Terrain SUV at a high rate of speed through a residential neighborhood. As he approached Northeast 11th Avenue, Riesen failed to stop at the posted stop sign. His failure to do so caused Toni-Ann Lawrence, traveling in a 2008 Mazda 3 Sedan, to strike the passenger side of Riesen’s GMC. The collision resulted in a T-bone type crash.
News App readers click here for full report.
The impact of the crash caused the vehicles to rotate clockwise into the swale along the northeast side of Northeast Second Street and Northeast 11th Avenue. Riesen’s GMC then experienced a roll-over, and he was ejected from the vehicle.
BSO deputies and Pompano Beach Fire Rescue responded, and both Riesen and Lawrence were transported to Broward Health North to be treated for their injuries. On Monday, March 8, at approximately 4:35 a.m., Riesen was pronounced deceased as a result of injuries sustained in the crash.
Detectives say prior to the collision, Riesen was involved in another minor traffic crash near West Atlantic Boulevard and North Dixie Highway in Pompano Beach. After agreeing to move off the roadway and exchange driver information, Riesen fled the scene of the first crash and was involved in the second.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities