UPDATE FROM PALM BEACH COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE: See Below (8:14 p.m.)
UPDATE FROM PALM BEACH COUNTY FIRE RESCUE: See below (7:50 p.m.)
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A car seemingly spontaneously combusted in the gated community of Seven Bridges Monday afternoon, prompting a significant response from Palm Beach County Fire Rescue and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
Fire Rescue and PBSO remain on scene as of 4:25 p.m.
While the cause of the car fire is unclear, a significant odor — somewhat atypical from the odor that eminates from traditional car fires — prompted emergency officials to keep bystanders a good distance back from the vehicle.
Sheriff’s Deputies urged parents to keep their children away from the odor.
Access to several homes in the community is blocked.
The fire is in the 16000 block of Pantheon Pass in the Seven Bridges community.
There were no immediate reports of injuries.
— Update from PBCFR at 7:50 p.m. — “Crews from Battalion4 responded to reports of a residential structure fire on Pantheon Pass in Delray Beach at 3:43 p.m. First arriving units reported one vehicle fully involved. Firefighters were able to quickly put water on the fire and keep it from spreading to the adjacent home. Fortunately, all occupants were out of the vehicle when the fire started. The cause of the fire is currently under investigation.”
— Update from PBSO at 8:14 p.m: There is no reason, at this time, to believe the fire is suspicious.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Trial Set For March In Seven Bridges Delray Discrimination Case
- FREE MONEY! Palm Beach County Tax Collector Releases Latest Unclaimed Funds Report
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella