UPDATE FROM PALM BEACH COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE: See Below (8:14 p.m.)
UPDATE FROM PALM BEACH COUNTY FIRE RESCUE: See below (7:50 p.m.)
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A car seemingly spontaneously combusted in the gated community of Seven Bridges Monday afternoon, prompting a significant response from Palm Beach County Fire Rescue and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
Fire Rescue and PBSO remain on scene as of 4:25 p.m.
While the cause of the car fire is unclear, a significant odor — somewhat atypical from the odor that eminates from traditional car fires — prompted emergency officials to keep bystanders a good distance back from the vehicle.
Sheriff’s Deputies urged parents to keep their children away from the odor.
Access to several homes in the community is blocked.
The fire is in the 16000 block of Pantheon Pass in the Seven Bridges community.
There were no immediate reports of injuries.
— Update from PBCFR at 7:50 p.m. — “Crews from Battalion4 responded to reports of a residential structure fire on Pantheon Pass in Delray Beach at 3:43 p.m. First arriving units reported one vehicle fully involved. Firefighters were able to quickly put water on the fire and keep it from spreading to the adjacent home. Fortunately, all occupants were out of the vehicle when the fire started. The cause of the fire is currently under investigation.”
— Update from PBSO at 8:14 p.m: There is no reason, at this time, to believe the fire is suspicious.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation