BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida is starting April the way it ended March, with the Florida Department of Health reporting the second highest new COVID-19 case number from the past 30 days. (News App readers access our full report here).
On April 1st, Florida logged 6,392 new COVID-19 cases. That is the second highest new case count for the past 30 days, bested only by March 31st when 6,875 new COVID-19 cases were reported.
The positivity rate, which hit 7.57 percent on March 27th, is now on an up-and-down swing, settling in at 6.10 percent for April 1st.
At least 2,071,015 COVID-19 cases have now been recorded in Florida. At least 33,586 people have died. The total hospitalization count is 85,538 which is 4 percent of all COVID-19 cases, according to the DOH.
The latest numbers come as Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signs an executive order effectively banning “vaccination passports” from being a requirement to go places or do things in Florida. Whether the Biden Administration can override the DeSantis order through a federal mandate is unclear. Read our DeSantis order coverage here.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County continues to hold at 14.4 percent. The Florida Department of Health defines pediatric as 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities