BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida is starting April the way it ended March, with the Florida Department of Health reporting the second highest new COVID-19 case number from the past 30 days. (News App readers access our full report here).
On April 1st, Florida logged 6,392 new COVID-19 cases. That is the second highest new case count for the past 30 days, bested only by March 31st when 6,875 new COVID-19 cases were reported.
The positivity rate, which hit 7.57 percent on March 27th, is now on an up-and-down swing, settling in at 6.10 percent for April 1st.
At least 2,071,015 COVID-19 cases have now been recorded in Florida. At least 33,586 people have died. The total hospitalization count is 85,538 which is 4 percent of all COVID-19 cases, according to the DOH.
The latest numbers come as Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signs an executive order effectively banning “vaccination passports” from being a requirement to go places or do things in Florida. Whether the Biden Administration can override the DeSantis order through a federal mandate is unclear. Read our DeSantis order coverage here.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County continues to hold at 14.4 percent. The Florida Department of Health defines pediatric as 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Trial Set For March In Seven Bridges Delray Discrimination Case
- FREE MONEY! Palm Beach County Tax Collector Releases Latest Unclaimed Funds Report
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella