Boca Raton Business Owner Allegedly Charged Sales Tax, But Never Paid State.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The owner of a Boca Raton auto body shop allegedly owes more than $47,788 in sales tax that he collected from customers, but never remitted to the State of Florida.
Patrick McNiven, owner of Boca Styling — also known as “Tint World” — collected the tax over several years, but a Department of Revenue Investigator says he never paid the state. According to the investigative report, McNiven deposited $789,918 into his business bank account between September 2018 and October 2019, but never paid sales tax on that money.
McNiven is now charged with 14 counts of Sales Tax Evasion which is a 3rd Degree Felony.
In the probable cause affidavit, which you can read in its entirety either below or by clicking here for news app readers, you will learn how a State of Florida investigator connected the alleged dots. He subpoenaed bank records, visited the business, and asked McNiven to voluntarily produce records.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office arrested McNiven on Wednesday. He was jailed for part of the day and later released on $1000 bond. Read the arrest report below, or use this to access if you’re in a news app.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash