BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The fatal car crash that led to a multi-hour closure of Florida’s Turnpike on Tuesday apparently happened when a vehicle heading southbound swerved into another lane — hitting another car.
(News app readers access full story).
While Florida Highway Patrol, in a questionable interpretation of Florida statute, no longer releases the names of people involved in crashes, the narrative provided by investigators gives a general idea of what happened.
From FHP (This is a verbatim narrative):
Vehicle-1, Vehicle-2, and Vehicle-3, were traveling southbound on Floridas Turnpike (State Road 91) at the mile marker 74. Vehicle-2 was traveling in the center lane and Vehicle-3 was traveling in the right lane. Vehicle-1 was initially in the center lane in front of Vehicle-2. For reasons currently under investigation, the driver of Vehicle-2 attempted to avoid a collision with Vehicle-1 and swerved to the right into Vehicle-3s path of travel.
Vehicle-2s front collided with Vehicle-3s left side. After impact, Vehicle-2 and Vehicle-3 collided with the guardrail in the right shoulder. Vehicle-2 subsequently overturned and came to final rest in the center lane, on its roof, facing west. During the overturn of Vehicle-2, one of the occupants was ejected and pronounced deceased on scene. Vehicle-3 came to final rest in the right lane, south of Vehicle-2, facing south. Vehicle-1 continued traveling southbound until it came to final rest in the right shoulder at the 73 mile post. This case is still pending investigation.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning
- CRITICAL AGAIN: KINSA Raises Palm Beach County COVID Risk