BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Delray Beach resident Karen Neicy Holbrook is facing a charge of “battery on someone 65 years of age or older” after a bizarre incident on NE 5th Avenue.
According to several witnesses, Holbrook was “bumping” into people on the sidewalk, and eventually hit a 71 year old woman, knocking her to the ground. The woman stood up, tried to walk away, but was blocked by Holbrook.
As witnesses rushed to help the woman, Holbrook allegedly left the scene, entering an apartment in the area of 10 NE 5th Avenue.
Delray Beach Police responded to the scene. The victim was checked out but apparently refused to be taken to the hospital. Police then located Karen Holbrook and charged her with battery on a senior citizen. According to police, “she was uncooperative.”
Holbrook was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail on Thursday. She was released nearly 24 hours later on $1,000 bond.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising