BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Delray Beach resident Karen Neicy Holbrook is facing a charge of “battery on someone 65 years of age or older” after a bizarre incident on NE 5th Avenue.
According to several witnesses, Holbrook was “bumping” into people on the sidewalk, and eventually hit a 71 year old woman, knocking her to the ground. The woman stood up, tried to walk away, but was blocked by Holbrook.
As witnesses rushed to help the woman, Holbrook allegedly left the scene, entering an apartment in the area of 10 NE 5th Avenue.
Delray Beach Police responded to the scene. The victim was checked out but apparently refused to be taken to the hospital. Police then located Karen Holbrook and charged her with battery on a senior citizen. According to police, “she was uncooperative.”
Holbrook was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail on Thursday. She was released nearly 24 hours later on $1,000 bond.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida