UPDATE: Severe weather advisory is now in effect until 8p.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Miami FL
133 PM EDT Sun Apr 11 2021
…SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SOUTHEASTERN PALM BEACH COUNTY
UNTIL 215 PM EDT…
* At 132 PM EDT, National Weather Service meteorologists were
tracking a strong thunderstorm near Loxahatchee NWR, or 8 miles
south of Wellington, moving northeast at 35 mph.
* Small hail, funnel clouds, and winds in excess of 45 mph possible
with this storm.
* Locations impacted include…
West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Wellington, Lake Worth, Riviera
Beach, Palm Beach, Ocean Ridge, Greenacres, Royal Palm Beach, Palm
Springs, North Palm Beach, Lantana, Lake Park, Atlantis, Haverhill,
Cloud Lake, Loxahatchee NWR, Palm Beach International Airport, Port
Of Palm Beach and Golden Lakes.
These winds can down small tree limbs and branches, and blow around
unsecured small objects. Seek shelter in a safe building until the
This activity was also developing in an environment favorable for the
formation of funnel clouds. Stay tuned to NOAA weather radio and
local media for additional updates and possible warnings.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida