Attorney Says Chair Defective, Back Ripped Off.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton man says he was critically injured when the chair he purchased from Home Depot in Boca Raton collapsed under him. He is now suing Home Depot in Palm Beach County circuit court.
Daniel Rishavy of Boca says he purchased several of the Adirondack Chairs manufactured by “Adams Manufacturing” and sold at Home Depot. The chairs, according to the lawsuit, are marketed as being safe up to at least 250 pounds. Rishavy, according to the suit, weighs less.
“Adams and Home Depot’s representations proved false,” states the suit. “In particular, in April 2019, while sitting in and using as intended one of the chairs he purchased from Home Depot, Rishavy was injured when the back of the chair collapsed, which caused him to fall and suffer significant injuries.”
Photos attached as part of the suit, while in black and white and photocopied, do seem to suggest that the back of the chair ripped off.
The lawsuit, which we are publishing in its entirety below, seeks damages in excess of the $30,000 statutory minimum. The current version of the chair, pictured above, sells for $21.98.
The complete lawsuit appears below. If you are reading in a news app and do not see the suit, access the PDF right here.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire
- Million Dollar Lottery Winner Lives In Boynton Beach
- Boca Raton Teen Killer Identified, Cops Say Shot Friend In Back Yard
- Boca Raton’s L’Ambiance HOA Facing Lawsuit
- CRASH AND BURN: Boca Isles South Burglar Crashes Getaway Car At Cop Shop
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach
- South Palm Beach County Killer In Custody According To Police