BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: 10:15 AM: Here is the official advisory from Boca Raton Police, just released: “Shortly before 8:00 am, Boca Raton police officers responded to 2200 NW 5th Avenue to a possible shooting. Upon arrival, officers located the victim with a gunshot wound to the leg. The victim, a delivery driver, was involved in some sort of confrontation with the suspect. The suspect shot the delivery driver in the leg and fled the scene. The suspect vehicle was found shortly thereafter a couple of blocks away abandoned with the weapon on the front seat. Area schools were placed on lockdown as a precaution. Palm Beach County School Board police located and detained the suspect in the front parking lot area of JC Mitchell school. The suspect who was taken into custody is identified as Dyesha Renee Coleman of Boca Raton. The victim’s injuries are not life threatening. Charges are pending since the investigation is still active.
Arrested:Dyesha Renee Coleman DOB: 9/7/89 Boca Raton, FL
UPDATE: 8:35 AM: Witnesses tell BocaNewsNow.com that the suspect was taken into custody in the area of J.C. Mitchell Elementary School. Again, no students, teachers or staffers were threatened or in harm’s way.
UPDATE: 8:32 AM: Sources tell BocaNewsNow.com that there was NO THREAT to any area school and that schools were locked down as a precaution and as part of protocol, not because students or teachers were in harm’s way.
UPDATE 8:28 AM: Suspect in custody. School lockdown just lifted.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A shooting in the area of 2200 NW 5th Avenue has led to a lockdown of area schools.
Boca Police says officers have the weapon and a vehicle, but the suspect is not in custody.
She is described as a black female with long hair and baggy pants.
Schools remain locked down as a precaution.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL STORM SAM FORMS, EXPECTED TO BECOME MAJOR HURRICANE, NOW EAST OF FLORIDA
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 FORMS, PAY ATTENTION FLORIDA
- Palm Beach County School Board To Discuss New “Quarantine” Rule At Today’s Meeting
- FDLE: Boca Raton Officers Not Yet Cleared In July Shooting
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: 10,000 COVID CASES BY CHRISTMAS?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Another Tropical Depression Expected To Form Today
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her