BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The second week of the Atlantic Hurricane Season is underway, and with it comes a system developing in the southwestern Caribbean Sea.
While nothing to worry about Florida-wise, at least for now, it’s notable for timing. It’s early. Very early. And it’s a reminder. If you don’t have a hurricane plan in place, create one now. With so many new Florida residents, there continues to be concern from emergency planners that new Floridians aren’t taking the threat of storms seriously. Bad planning now can lead to catastrophic consequences.
Hurricane season traditionally peaks in August and September, but the only accurate prediction is that nothing weather-wise is ever completely predictable.
Here is the update from the National Hurricane Center as of 2 p.m. Tuesday:
A broad trough of low pressure is expected to develop over the southwestern Caribbean Sea during the next couple of days. Some gradual development will be possible thereafter while the system moves slowly northwestward toward Central America. Regardless of development, this system could produce heavy rainfall across northern Colombia and portions of Central America from Honduras southward later this week and into the weekend. See products from your local meteorological service for more information. * Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
This is expected to be an active hurricane season.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida