BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The second week of the Atlantic Hurricane Season is underway, and with it comes a system developing in the southwestern Caribbean Sea.
While nothing to worry about Florida-wise, at least for now, it’s notable for timing. It’s early. Very early. And it’s a reminder. If you don’t have a hurricane plan in place, create one now. With so many new Florida residents, there continues to be concern from emergency planners that new Floridians aren’t taking the threat of storms seriously. Bad planning now can lead to catastrophic consequences.
Hurricane season traditionally peaks in August and September, but the only accurate prediction is that nothing weather-wise is ever completely predictable.
Here is the update from the National Hurricane Center as of 2 p.m. Tuesday:
A broad trough of low pressure is expected to develop over the southwestern Caribbean Sea during the next couple of days. Some gradual development will be possible thereafter while the system moves slowly northwestward toward Central America. Regardless of development, this system could produce heavy rainfall across northern Colombia and portions of Central America from Honduras southward later this week and into the weekend. See products from your local meteorological service for more information. * Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
This is expected to be an active hurricane season.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles