BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: 11:32 a.m: While we await official word from FHP, traffic cameras indicate the northbound lanes have reopened, and traffic is no longer being diverted from the Sawgrass Expressway.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — What was first reported as a routine traffic crash earlier this morning is now a major incident on Florida’s Turnpike.
The northbound lanes of Florida’s Turnpike are now closed in the area of the Sawgrass Expressway due to a fatal crash in the area of Glades Road.
Florida Highway Patrol is on the scene.
FLL511 traffic cameras show a near standstill on the Sawgrass Expressway for vehicles planning to exit onto the NB lanes of the Turnpike. That exit is closed. Traffic appears to be detoured to 441 which creates its own set of issues.
It was not immediately clear what happened in the crash. We’ll update when we hear more from Florida Highway Patrol.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance