BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: 11:32 a.m: While we await official word from FHP, traffic cameras indicate the northbound lanes have reopened, and traffic is no longer being diverted from the Sawgrass Expressway.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — What was first reported as a routine traffic crash earlier this morning is now a major incident on Florida’s Turnpike.
The northbound lanes of Florida’s Turnpike are now closed in the area of the Sawgrass Expressway due to a fatal crash in the area of Glades Road.
Florida Highway Patrol is on the scene.
FLL511 traffic cameras show a near standstill on the Sawgrass Expressway for vehicles planning to exit onto the NB lanes of the Turnpike. That exit is closed. Traffic appears to be detoured to 441 which creates its own set of issues.
It was not immediately clear what happened in the crash. We’ll update when we hear more from Florida Highway Patrol.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW