BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: 11:32 a.m: While we await official word from FHP, traffic cameras indicate the northbound lanes have reopened, and traffic is no longer being diverted from the Sawgrass Expressway.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — What was first reported as a routine traffic crash earlier this morning is now a major incident on Florida’s Turnpike.
The northbound lanes of Florida’s Turnpike are now closed in the area of the Sawgrass Expressway due to a fatal crash in the area of Glades Road.
Florida Highway Patrol is on the scene.
FLL511 traffic cameras show a near standstill on the Sawgrass Expressway for vehicles planning to exit onto the NB lanes of the Turnpike. That exit is closed. Traffic appears to be detoured to 441 which creates its own set of issues.
It was not immediately clear what happened in the crash. We’ll update when we hear more from Florida Highway Patrol.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases