71-Year-Old Man Hospitalized. Now In ICU. Driver Fled The Scene.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Delray Beach Police Department is asking for help identifying the driver of a vehicle that struck a 71-year-old bicyclist on July 4th. It happened in the area of Barwick and Barrett.
This is the official advisory from police: “Delray Beach Police Department traffic investigators have identified the make and model of the vehicle that injured a bicyclist on the morning of Sunday, July 4th.
The driver of a 2014-2016 Hyundai Genesis was northbound on Barwick Road at around 7 a.m., when it hit a bicyclist, 71-year-old Barry Simon. Simon was taken to the hospital with injuries. Simon had been cycling north on Barwick Road near the intersection of Barrett Street. The driver left the scene before police arrived.
The vehicle will likely have damage on the right front of the vehicle, including wheel housing damage. Investigators are asking the driver to come forward and provide a statement to assist in the crash investigation. Anyone who has information about the vehicle or driver is asked to contact investigators Henry Lugo or Matthew Saraceni at (561) 243-7800.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores