BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The State of Florida continues to hide the real-time hospital data provided for more than a year by the Agency for Health Care Administration, but the Centers for Disease Control says the Florida problem is getting worse.
According to the latest data released by the CDC, at least 417 people have been admitted to hospitals in Palm Beach County with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19, over the past seven days. That is a nearly 53 percent increase from the week before.
Of all ICU beds in Palm Beach County, 15.81 percent are now occupied by COVID-19 patients. That is a 7.33 percent increase from the previous week.
Of all hospital beds in Palm Beach County, 8.47 percent are now being utilized by COVID-19 patients. That is a nearly 3 percent rise over seven days.
The total new infection count is also rising. 2,488 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in Palm Beach County over the past seven days. The CDC says that is a 79.9 percent increase from the previous week.
Almost all hospitalizations in Palm Beach County, from COVID-19, involve patients who have not been vaccinated.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida